At The Orchard Centre we aim to deliver an enjoyable and fun curriculum across all year groups regardless of ability, age or gender. This allows us to present a broad range of activities to target key processes and concepts. The National Curriculum determines what the PE department should cover inclusive of the following key processes and concepts:
- Healthy, active lifestyles
- Developing skills in physical activity
- Making and applying decisions
- Developing physical and mental capacity
- Evaluating and improving
- Making informed choices about healthy, active lifestyles
Examination Courses (including Examination Boards and Levels of Entry)
In Key Stage 4, students can opt for GCSE PE or BTEC Sport Level 1 Certificate/ Award.
Find out more about our Sport curriculum here.