“Art is the desire of a person to express themselves, to record the reactions of their personality to the world they live in.“ – Amy Lowell
Students have the opportunity to choose and option subject to study in year 10 and 11. Art & Design is one of these options.
We are currently running AQA GCSE Art & Design which is 2 years for the full course. This consists of:
- UNIT 1 – Portfolio of work (2 or more projects)
- UNIT 2 – Externally set task to produce a piece of Art work within 10 hours
The Assessment Objectives (AO’s) are:
- AO1 Students develop their ideas through investigations informed by contextual and other sources demonstrating analytical and cultural understanding.
- AO2 Students refine their ideas through experimenting and selecting appropriate resources, media, materials, techniques and processes.
- AO3 Students record ideas, observations and insights relevant to their intentions in visual and/or other forms.
- AO4 Present a personal, informed and meaningful response demonstrating analytical and critical understanding, realising intentions and where appropriate, making connections between visual, written, oral or other elements.