- CPD – Virtual Reality - Teachers across Lawnswood Campus participated in a very exciting session that marks our journey into the future. Our e-learning group tested out the very latest virtual reality gadgets to hit classrooms. They explored augmented reality science lessons and walked along a virtual Wall of China. They tested out the latest Lego Education WeDo kit and […]
- Follow us on Twitter! - Don’t forget that you can now follow us on Twitter @orchardctr where you can find regular updates and a wide variety of shared resources.
- Building Positive Relationships – Outdoor Education - This week has been much drier than last and having had the rain literally put a damper on some of our sessions last week it’s been great for the students to be able to have a chance to practice fire starting and management again. Sitting around a fire, sharing food and talking or telling stories […]
- Outdoor Education Help - A message from Mr Hupfield… I have been taking our KS3 students (+ a couple of KS4) to the woodland on site over the Autumn term and wanted to share with you all how well they’ve been doing in their outdoor learning sessions. As they’ve gotten more comfortable and familiar on the site we’ve introduced the […]
- Outdoor Adventures - We were greeted by weather warnings for high wind on our return from the Christmas break. High winds and thunder storms are typically the only two weather conditions that would warrant cancelling. The woodland on site is mixed but all relatively young though so by moving our base for the sessions to the edge of the woodland, where the smallest […]
- Welcome back! -